Appropriate background music will help to support your marketing message. Wrong music will distract the viewers and make your video look unprofessional.
Tips for choosing proper background music for marketing videos
Formulate the goal of your video
Knowing the goal will help you to understand how the music can support your marketing message.
Define the mood
Keep Background Music In The Background
Don’t use music that draw attention away from the video or overpowers the narration.
Background Music Examples
Mind Your Target Audience
If you’re trying to reach a broad market choose the music that is neutral and broadly appealing.
Keep It Steady
Pick music with steady pace and no sudden changes in mood or instrumentation.
Keep It Current
Unless there is a good creative reason, use modern sounding music.
Combine individual loops to construct a custom soundtrack of specific length or desired instrumentation.
Get Proper License For The Music You Use!
Always obtain permission / license to use the music. Keep it on file for any possible copyright dispute.
Get your license from a music library that specializes in background music for marketing videos.
If you plan on uploading your marketing video to YouTube, make sure the license explicitly covers commercial YouTube use.
More on music licensing:
Making lots of videos?
Have a music licensing question?
Post it in the comments!
- 3 Most Frustrating Things When Trying To Find Royalty Free Music For Videos
- 3 Royalty Free Music Deals You Should Not Ignore
- Increase The Value Of Adobe Spark Free Video Editor With Unlimited Background Music
- 10 Tips For Choosing The Right Background Music For Your Marketing Video
- 20+ Online Resources To Boost Your Filmmaking / Video Production Career
- Read This Before Using Copyright Free Music In Your Marketing Video
- 5 Essential Elements Of Any Successful YouTube Marketing Video
- YouTube Video Marketing Real-Life Examples
- How to Quickly Resolve AdRev For The Third Party Copyright Claims on YouTube (with Infographic)
- Do You Think AdRev Is Stealing Your YouTube Monetization Money?
Like this post? Subscribe for more!
Receive free monthly digest of the new articles, including posts about:
- Do-it-yourself video marketing tutorials and YouTube tips
- Copyright and music licensing guides
- Small business productivity advice