A Montreal minute short film
“A Montreal Minute” is a short film by Montreal’s filmmaker James Newman who described the film as “a fun deviation from my short films about shoes”. I had the pleasure of writing the music score for this film.
The background music soundtrack is a short, sweet, and happy pop instrumental cue with distinct positive vibe. The instrumentation combines the acoustic piano, acoustic and electronic beat, and some bouncy electronic sounds. The arrangement builds-up gradually toward the end of the track.
Featured in “SHORTS Non Stop” film festival
“A Montreal Minute” was features in the SHORTSNONSTOP, an exciting new initiative of the CFC Worldwide Short Film Festival supported by the Canadian Film Center.
SHORTSNONSTOP is a year-round online mobile film festival that you can experience anytime or anyplace. It is a showcase of short (not more that 10 min) films and web series produced for mobile and online platforms.
Want to use this soundtrack in your film or video?
If you like the soundtrack and would like to use it in your own video you can license it royalty free in my music licensing Web shop: Playful Short Film Soundtrack
Playful, fun, and happy royalty-free music with upbeat, uplifting feel and great dynamics.
The original soundtrack was created in December 2011. The new version was remixed and remastered later on for improved sound quality.
Looking for a composer to create soundtrack for your short film or business video?
I’d be delighted to help you out. Contact me and tell me about your project.
Here are just a few suggestions that you may find helpful when looking for and working with a composer to score your film or video:
- Don’t wait until your film is in post-production. Share you vision with the composer early on and test the demos against the script.
- Plan your music budget and stick to it. Filmmaker magazine suggests a minimum of 5-10% of your film’s budget.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment and be open to unconventional choices and genres. Not every speed chaise scene needs a typical “speed chaise” music sequence. Often contrast works the best.
- Be realistic. If you’re working on a non-commercial or no-budget film, you may need to compromise.
More background royalty free music for soundtracks
Positive and confident royalty free background instrumental music with uplifting and motivational feel for corporate videos and marketing projects.
Positive corporate royalty-free music with assertive and grand feel for an uplifting and motivational corporate video or commercial.
Positive, motivational, and uplifting royalty free background music for corporate and small business videos with inspirational and confident feel featuring the mix of acoustic and electronic sounds.
5 Good Reasons
- I own 100% of rights to my music, no labels or publishers involved.
- All licenses are royalty free, buy once - use forever.
- Every order comes with email confirmation, invoice, and licensing certificate.
- Easy to understand licensing agreement.
- Tiered licensing, pay only for the usage you need.